Frequently Asked Questions
1) What size range boats do you build? We are a custom aluminum boat builder that has proven programmed designs that range from 28’ to 39’. We offer our aluminum boat designs from a 9’6” beam to a 13’ beam currently. We have developed and own all our designs with the help of a few marine architects and programmers.
2) What options do you offer? What do you have in mind? Over the last 40 years we would like to say we have done it all. Our website shows a selection of out aluminum boat designs we have perfected over the years. If you would like to see a different interior arrangement, I am sure we can do that. If you would like to move the cabin or expand the width, again we are all ears. This is one of the beauties of working with aluminum and we are happy to listen to your ideas.
3) Why Aluminum Boats? We believe this questions means different things to different people. If you ask us it is for the ability to customize, its inherent durability and low maintenance characteristics.
4) What seperates Cold Water Boats from its competitors? We feel that many choices in our industry are made to speed the process up, to cut down on labor hours, save on materials, build quicker, cut corners. Although some of these may be concerns of our also, our motto or question we ask our selves consistently is “what is the best way to do this” and in the end we strive to deliver something our customers will be proud to own for many years to come.
5) How long have you been building boats? Since 1974.
6) How long from start to finish on a build? This can depend on many factors but on average a custom aluminum Cold Water Boat build can take from 6 to 12 months.
7) What power packages do you offer? We currently offer Twin Outboard, Single Diesel Shaft, Single Diesel I/O and Twin Diesel I/O. Recommended power packages dependent on the size/weight of custom aluminum Cold Water Boat and desired cruise speed of customer.
8) Whats a wish list? Since all our custom built aluminum boats are made to order we often ask our customers for a wish list when starting the process of pricing for said build. This is where the customer sends us all their ideas and interest for the build and we fit them the best way we know how. This often includes what they have liked on their past boats and what their dreams or intended use is for the new custom aluminum boat.
9) How come I don’t see you advertising? On average we spend less than 1% of our sales in advertising. This has been accomplished by great referrals, word of mouth and new customers seeing our boats performing on the water for over 40 years. We hope to continue this which allows us to invest in the quality of our product.
10) Where are you located? Marysville, Washington. About 30 miles north of Seattle.